This post may contain affiliate links and we will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on our link. Read the Disclosure Policy.
The Top 5 Robotic Vacuum Cleaners
Top 5 Lightweight Robotic Vacuum Cleaners
- Cleans For You: Clean your house with the click of a button. Versatile cleaning modes and the low-profile design facilitates cleaning under tables and chairs along with every nook and cranny.
- High-Capacity Li-ion Battery: Delivers over 1.5 hours of fade-free power for constant, powerful suction.
- 3-Point Cleaning System: Side brushes, a rolling brush and powerful suction ensure a thorough clean.
- Vacuuming Dry Mopping Sweeping all in one, for entirely thoroughly cleaning
- With pet hair care technology, focus on picking up hairs, dirt, debris.
- Low profile design to clean under beds, sofa where dirt hides
- Self-charging, programmable schedule, smart sensors for anti-bump, avoid dropping
- Ideal for hard wood floor.Easy operation with remote control, or auto clean all at one touch.
- Utilizes various cleaning modes, a 5-stage cleaning system, and optional mopping and drying stages to tackle even the most stubborn dirt.
- Being equipped with a large capacity dustbin allows DM80 to clean for much longer periods of time. Dust, debris, allergens are filtered through high-efficiency filters.
- Performs daily cleaning by using the remote to schedule a clean at a specific time.
- Vacuum and Mopping: Strong suction with dual side brushes, ideal for picking up hairs, and various debris. Wet and dry mopping clean off paw prints, small liquid spills, and grime. This all-in-one robot services deep and thorough cleaning for your home
- Smart Features: Auto recharges when power runs low. Drop-sensing and anti-bump technology helps clean your home safely and effectively. 5 programed cleaning modes can be chosen to help clean your home more thoroughly
- Clean and schedule from anywhere with the iRobot HOME App; compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- 3-stage cleaning system loosens, lifts, & suctions dirt
- Navigates under furniture and around clutter
- Lithium ion battery delivers up to 3x the battery life
- Cleans all floor types
Things to Consider
You can cross at least one chore off your to-do list with these technologically sophisticated machines. Robotic vacuums can be set on timers to automatically vacuum your floors without you having to push around a heavy traditional vacuum.
Most models include sensors that allow the vacuum to sense its surroundings so that it doesn’t get stuck in a corner. Some models even come with invisible fences so you can clearly define the cleaning boundaries.
Average prices for mid-range models range from $200 – $500. These units have fairly small batteries as well as storage compartments. Smaller batteries require the model to return to its charging station more often than larger offerings.
Similarly, a smaller dirt reservoir will fill up more quickly and need to be emptied with greater frequency than larger models. Together, this means that smaller models will require more time to clean larger rooms.
The tech-laden models may also be perfect for those wishing to set up a smart home. Robotic vacuums have the capability to connect to your home Wi-Fi network and smart home system to provide integrated information and usability. This can include audio activation as well as concurrent scheduling along with other automatic home cleaning devices.
Many models also have apps displaying mobile controls and user data. For example, homeowners can see how long the robotic vacuum cleaners were on and the coverage area that they managed to clean.
With highly-rated traditional vacuums costing between $100 – $200, purchasing a robotic vacuum cleaner will be a large expense. However, that initial expense may be worth it to you for the added time and convenience that you no longer have to spend physically vacuuming your house yourself.